This is the web site of the Columbia Greene Workforce Investment System. The purpose of this system is to support the growth of the local
economy by meeting the employment needs of individuals and business. This
web site has been created to provide you with information about the
partner organizations that encompass our local system and to ease your
access to local, state, federal, and private employment services available
in the twin counties.
Columbia-Greene is proud to offer Priority of Service to veterans and their eligible spouses. What does this mean? If you served in the military, you will be:
- Served first by the next available staff member.
- Given first priority for jobs and training for which you are eligible and qualified.
- Our priority of service policy can be found in the
Additional information for veterans can also be found on the New York State Department of Labor Veterans' website and the NYS Division of Veterans Affairs website.
Individuals can connect to job seeking
assistance, career planning
services, labor market information, training and educational
services and financial aid possibilities.
connect to job posting services, employee talent banks, labor regulations,
economic and labor data, tax credit opportunities, and employee training
connect to information about special local programs to help them make the
transition from school to work, as well as, find information about job
search assistance, career planning information, and post secondary
In addition, the web site provides information about the
Columbia-Greene Workforce New York Career Center, which is located in the
Professional Academic Center, room 709 at Columbia-Greene Community College, and the Workforce Investment Board of Columbia & Greene Counties, which oversees our
entire local system.
The Guide, Twin County Recruitment Expo, Tuesday April 17th, 10:00-1:00. If you have questions regarding the event call 518-828-4181 ext. 5510.
Announcement of Public Review and Comment Period
Under the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act the Columbia-Greene Workforce Development Board (WDB), as part of the Capital Region's labor market area, is required to develop integrated service planning and delivery options within the Capital Region.
In accordance with WIOA Law, the Columbia-Greene WDB, the Albany-Rennsaelear-Schenectady WDB, and the Saratoga-Warren Washington WDB are required to develop and implement a Regional Plan for WIOA Title 1. The CG WDB is inviting your comments. The plan will be posted until January 30, 2018 and can be viewed here:
Anyone having questions, or wishing to provide input, may do so in writing to: Katy Drake, Consulting Director, Columbia-Greene WDB, P.O. Box 753, Catskill, NY 12414 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
All comments must be received January 30, 2018
- The Capital Region Workforce Development Boards are seeking an organization to develop Career Pathway documents that highlight the Manufacturing & Information Technology sectors in the Capital Region. The complete RFP can be found here (.pdf).
- The Columbia-Greene WIOA Local Plan (2017-2021) can be found here: LOCAL PLAN (.docx)
- New NYS Tuition Assistance Programs: NYS Excelsior Scholarships & Enhanced Tuition Awards
- Check out and please Like our Facebook page:
- The Greater Capital Region WIBs' Steps Up to STEM Final Report.
- Need the exterior CGCC Map ? The interior map is here too.
Due to server maintenance this web site could be
unavailable FRIDAYS from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM, we're sorry for any
We hope you will find our web site a useful tool, but if you can't find
something you are looking for, please contact us for more assistance. You
can call: (518) 828-4181 ext. 5510, TDD/TTY (518) 828-1399 or you can e-mail us .